Perth Six Circle Project recognises that Covid 19 has been hard for everyone and for some it has led to depression, mental health issues and further isolation and a deep sense of loneliness. Funding and support from the National Lottery has allowed us to continue supporting service users, albeit in a different way.
Thanks to additional funding, including that from The Gannochy Trust, we have been able to increase the days, times and services we currently offer our service users – all whilst adhering to government advice. Below is just a ‘snap shot’ of the services offered:
- Home Visits – to assess needs…..
- 121 Walk & Talks – within Perth & Kinross and service users own areas including Pitlochry, Cupar Angus…..
- Walk, Talk & Exercise – stretching, breathing exercises, cycling, putting…..
- Practical Support – helping service users get their house back to being a home, shopping…..
- Medical Intervention – medication collection, booking medical appointments and supporting attendance, attending crucial video conference appointments to help relieve anxiety…..
- Wellbeing Calls – to assess needs, ensure stability and sometimes just to remind service users people do care about them…..
- Activities – cycling, pool, basketball, arts & crafts…..
In addition to this, funding through Perth & Kinross Council’s Community Investment Fund has allowed us to ‘Enhancing Community Participation Through Technology’ with service users receiving tuition with:
- Online shopping – help to purchase products…..
- Personal laptops/computer – Guidance through updating systems…..
- Internet Safety – how to keep safe and spot the ‘scammers’…..
- And much more!
To support service users on a more holistic scale we have more recently referred some to external support agencies, some for specific direct support and for others allowing them to get out of the house more often. These and other agencies have also referred a number of service users to the Project.
Some ex-service users have returned to the Project after living independently for year, as a direct result of the impact of COVID, and although it is sad to see the impact we are pleased they felt they could seek support in a time of need.
We would never have been able to do this without the funding so….
Thank you from everyone at Perth Six Circle Project